Monday, June 1, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.

This week I went to a used book sale, so I have lots of new books to read. I just can't keep myself from buying books when they're super cheap like that....


Lost in a Good Book
Jasper Fforde
This is the sequel to The Eyre Affair, which I loved, so I'm really looking forward to this book in the series.












Into Thin Air
Jon Krakauer
I've heard some great things about this book from people I know, and the "survival story" is bound to be exciting, at least.







The Handmaid's Tale
Margaret Atwood
This looks like an interesting view on a futuristic society, and has gotten a lot of good reviews.












The Blind Assasin
Margaret Atwood

I picked this one up because it won The Booker Prize, but the more I think about the premise of the interwoven stories, the more excited I am to read it.








And bunches more...but these are the ones I'm most excited about reading. How did you all do for books this week?



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got an interesting assortment of books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Eyre Affair and I really need to read it. Sounds really good, so I hope you like the rest too.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I LOVED "Into Thin Air." You feel like you are right there experiencing everything! It was riveting. Hope you like it as much as I did.

    And I was stopping by to welcome you to the Take A Chance Challenge! I'm thrilled that you decided to join in! I think it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing and reading about the books you find!

    ReplyDelete